Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Five Authors-Five States Group Book Signing



ETCETERA COFFEEHOUSE IN PADUCAH, KENTUCKY
I'm back home in Texas after the group book signing in Paducah, Kentucky arranged by Linda Swift. Linda's husband, Bob, provided keyboard music the entire three hours. Quite a feat, since he plays by ear and memory. I cannot thank them enough for their wonderful hospitality and hard work to make this a successful signing and visit.

The five authors are: left to right--
Pam Hearon-Illinois     http://www.pamelahearon.com   
Celia Yeary-Texas     http://celiayeary.com   
Laurean Brooks-Tennessee     http://laureanslore.blogspot.com  

Linda Swift-Kentucky     http://www.lindaswift.net  

Danielle Thorne-Georgia     http://www.daniellethorne.com  

Between these authors, readers have a wide variety of genres from which to choose:
 
Contemporary and Historical Fiction, Mainstream, Romance, Inspirational, Regency, Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Suspense, Short Stories, Poetry
 
 
We enjoyed a nice crowd, including children, babies, husbands, grandparents, sons, daughter-in-law, friends of friends, and walk-ins. I enjoyed meeting strangers and visiting with as many as I could.
 
On the way home, my husband and I spent a night in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. This is the balcony in front of our room. The Ozark Mountains are behind the motel. Beautiful.
 
Thanks once again, Linda.
You are a wonder. Even though you are tiny, you have a very big heart!
Celia Yeary-Romance...and a little bit 'o Texas
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/celiayeary
 My WebsiteMy BlogSweethearts of the West-Blog
My Facebook Page 

20 comments:

  1. I love this pictures. What a fun time for all of you to get together. I'm glad Linda arranged this and it looks like it was a big success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the photos. What was the name of your hotel in Eureka Springs. My daughter wants to stay at the Crescent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Diane--it was so very nice--Linda is wonder. She has so many contacts, knows so many people, that it made the whole thing even better. I know I stood and talked about the entire three hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Caroline--my husband takes the photos. He is so patient while I do all these crazy things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of you all! I'd love to join you next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celia, thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I was dying to see them. Everyone looks fabulous. And that coffee house looks way cool. I'm so glad you ladies had a chance to meet, mingle, share coffee and meet with readers. The area looks gorgeous.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures. So glad you had a great time with Linda and the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pics and sounds like you had a great time. And a huge thanks to those loving husbands who help us along our chosen paths whether it be making music, taking pics, or cooking and taking the clothes out of the dryer to give us a few more minutes of writing time. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogger ate my first comment! What a fabulous event. Linda sure did a wonderful job of making sure everyone had a great time. Even though we writers are solitary by nature, it's great to get out and rub shoulders with other authors and readers. You look so crisp and professional! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula--it was fun,I can say that. You'd have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steph--the coffeehouse is way cool. The owners are super nice and friendly and helpful. That had every kind of coffee, tea, and juice, and some food items. The homemade quiche looked and smelled heavenly. Paducah, KY is a wonderful town--clean, friendly, everything you'd ever want--except the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Mona. The hospitality was just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca--oh, yes, those husbands we could not do without. Mine is my driver, my photographer, my accountant, and my handler. Could not do this without him!Linda's husband is a jewel--and he's very talented. Linda's daughter and son-in-law were there, too. He is making a video of the whole thing--can't wait to see it! I'll definitely share it when he has it ready.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maggie--crisp and professional? Oh, thank you! The day before I looked rumpled and lazy and tired.
    Linda did a fantastic job. She is a wonderwoman...truly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well darn, Celia!! I hate that missed this because I only live about 30 minutes from Paducah. :(

    I would've loved meeting you in person.

    It looks like you all had a grand time. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to our corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like ya'll had a very successful signing. Nice to have live music in the background--good thinking from Bob. I'm so glad ya'll had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Celia,

    I enjoyed meeting you and talking with you, also seeing Linda, Danielle, and Pam again.

    My biggest surprise was my son and DIL walking into the room. That almost sent me into shock.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maeve--oh, I wish I'd known that. I'd love to meet you. I posted about my going on several places, but I guess you missed those. Dang. Yes, maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Sarah--I couldn't hear the music very well because he was in another room, just off the entrance. That's where the food area was. My husband sat there across from him quite a bit, and he said Bob was very good. He really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Laurie--that was the sweetest thing for them to do that, and bring flowers and candy--and thanks for the sample! How did the baby shower go?

    ReplyDelete